Shiny Object Syndrome (SOS) is the tendency chase after things that are new and exciting, keeping you in a state of perpetually looking for “the next best thing”.
In this episode of Gay Men Going Deeper, Michael invites psychiatrist Dr. Hector Rodriguez to discuss how Shiny Object Syndrome affects gay men in life and in relationships. They’ll cover topics such as:
- SOS in dating apps
- The link between perfectionism and SOS
- The role of social media
- The fear of genuine intimacy
- The impact on mental health
- How you can overcome SOS
By the end of this episode, you’ll be able to recognize where SOS is showing up in your life and how you can overcome it.
Connect with Dr. Hector
Today’s Host: Michael DiIorio
- Website: https://www.wellismo.com
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/wellismo_coach/
- Sexual Empowerment: Sexual Empowerment 101
“The Rise of the A-Gay” – GQ Magazine article referenced in today’s episode
– Connect with us –