In part 1 of this 2-part series, we are exploring the complex and often unspoken realm of addiction and compulsive behaviour. In this episode, we are sharing our own experiences, including substance abuse and behavioral addictions.
In doing so, we hope to break the stigma surrounding addiction within the gay community, and foster a sense of understanding and support. Some of the topics we’ll be covering in this episode are:
- How do we define addiction and compulsive behaviour?
- Different types of addiction
- Factors that contribute to addictive tendencies
- Common manifestations of addiction within the gay community
Join us as we provide valuable perspectives on the intersectionality of gay identity and addiction.
Featured in this Episode:
Support the Show – viewer and listener support helps us to continue making episodes
– CONNECT WITH US –
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube
- Join the Gay Men’s Brotherhood Facebook community
- Get on our email list to get access to our monthly Zoom calls
- Follow us on Instagram | TikTok
- Learn more about our community at GayMenGoingDeeper.com
– LEARN WITH US –
- Building Better Relationships online course: Learn how to nurture more meaningful and authentic connections with yourself and others.
- Healing Your Shame online course: Begin the journey toward greater confidence and self-worth by learning how to recognize and deal with toxic shame.
- Gay Men Going Deeper Coaching Collection: Lifetime access to BOTH courses + 45 coaching videos and 2 workshop series.
- Take the Attachment Style Quiz to determine your attachment style and get a free report